I am a historian and this is how it happened.
My favorite internet phenomenon is when someone comments on a YouTube video with a really benign comment like “I love this song!” and then there are a bunch of hidden responses to that comment and then the last one isn’t hidden and it’s something like “you ignorant tool, I can’t believe anyone would even defend Eisenhower’s foreign policies, let alone compare them to political strategies of Napoleon. Take your asinine opinions elsewhere (and FYI, the Chinese DID invent noodles. idiot.)”
(Source: ifc, via annetdonahue)
- You’ll find out exactly how old I am
- There are multiple methods - both carbon dating and comparing my ratio of uranium to thorium
Cons to dating me:
- the traditional carbon dating method has proven to be vulnerable to certain potential inaccuracies due to a variety of reasons leading you to date me incorrectly by as much as 3500 years!
- I’m still alive so the amount of carbon-14 you can find in samples of me won’t provide accurate measurements of how old I am- you should wait until I die to collect samples!
- What if I can’t die?!?!?!